Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chicago is coming together o-so well :)

Enjoy the virtual tour of my (almost) finished room! I had so much fun organizing and putting it all together! There are a few final touches I need to do like print out pictures and add them to picture boards.
Anyway, now that I have the room together...I can really start living here! :) I am heading to Bally Fitness, about a 3 minutes drive, for a free tour and information guide. Hope to like it there and start getting back into the groove of working out after 5 weeks off! The weather is absolutely amazing since I've been here. I went for a run yesterday around the neighborhood and it was glorious. Today, the sun is shining bright and the wind is so cool (can you believe the windy city has wind?!?) Yesterday, I brought to back oldschool by swimming and laying out in their neighbor's pool. (the brothers and I use to go over there alllll the time when we were little.)
Living with Auntie and John is just a blast. We celebrated Uncle John's 39th anniversary of his 21st birthday yesterday :) (haha I told them we started doing that after our 21st birthday in wilmington...so I decided we should do it for his birthday as well.) Baked some birthday banana bread for John last night too...and made some guacamole dip today to munch on.
Classes start on Monday. This past Monday I went to Harper for a language placement exam to see if I was ready for ASL III....and I PASSED! :) I am now enrolled in all 3 classes I wanted (ASL III, Fingerspelling and Numbering, and Cultural Perspective.) I will be taking these courses Monday 6-9:30, Tuesday 6-9:30, and Wednesday 6:15-9 totaling 11 credit hours. Suuuuper excited about starting this semester!!!!
Overall, I'm having such a great time...and it's only been 4 days! Now, if only the weather can stay juuuust like this for the entire year... ;) I can only hope, right?

Okay, back to the video....ENJOY!!

Speech on video:

"Okay, here is the virtual tour of my room! So we have...the bed.

Ya know, the desk is over here. Were gonna put pictures over here (on the boards beside the stracke frame), we just have to print them out. We have the Stracke picture frame.

Calendar of course, little decoration up there (on the shelf).

Over here is my crafting area, and hamper. Here's my earrings, it was great because the curtains match the room, we didn't have to change it. The mirror. Auntie gave me a specific craft light.

Here are my books underneath. And under here, you see my crafts and jewelry stuff.

Great...so more decoration: the girls (girl's picture), the boy (nick and I), uncw. I have my life instructions, bed side (table), life laugh love (mirrors above the bed), the boys (pic of my brothers), my closet, nick and leigh picture frame, and we can see my clothes fit in here...with a little extra room!

So, pretty happy about that...that's all my shoes behind my door with plenty of room left.

So that's kinda the view from afar of the desk. So cute, I have to put pictures in the frames and there's the tack board. So that's it! I'm really happy with the rooom :)

No comments: