Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009...what a year!


2009 has been, yet another, amazing year. I am thankful for the wonderful life I have and the amazing people I share it with. Many terrific events happened this past year. Each and every month held an event that stood out in my memory:

January: I went on a 3-day road trip with some of my best friends to escort our Steph back to Iowa. As much as we didn’t want to see the end of this trip, the four of us had a blast driving 24 hours straight together. I love my roomies (still call them that) and would road trip with them again any time they needed a passenger!
February: I attended President Obama’s Inauguration. It was simply breath taking to be apart of such an historical event. There was an overwhelming sense of “togetherness” with the millions of others I was with that day in DC...and it was awesome.
March: The most relaxing, amazing spring break to Indian Rocks Beach with my best friends. We spent every day out at the pool or beach...soaking up the sun and each other. I am so thankful for these friends: Kelly, Liz, Lori, and Mel, let’s do that again soon. :) I also happened to turn 22 this month!
April: My dearest Grandma Lavelle turned 90... and she was the life of the party. The woman has more spunk and energy than I will ever have! Thank goodness I have some of her genes. It was so great to see my family. I don’t get to see them enough, so I really cherished that time with them. I hope to travel back to Omaha in March 2010.
May: I graduated from college!! It seems like it was just yesterday my parents dropped me off at Belk Hall to start my freshman year there. UNCW provided me with the best four years of my life! I grew in so many ways...and I am so proud to be an UNCW alum now :)
June: I spent my month with the two most precious children in the entire world: Summer and Forrest. I am so thankful Joy and David asked me to nanny for them this past summer. I spent my days at the pool, the library, walks around campus, and adventuring into their imagination. Ohhh, it was wonderful...and I am so excited to do it again this coming summer!
July: My silly appendix burst, but luckily I was able to recover fast enough to be apart of Megan and Kyle’s wedding! This was a fun-filled day/night that was bursting with love. Megan was my first closest friend to get hitch, and I was so grateful I could be a part of their big day.
August: Hellllo Chicago! Mom and I drove up on August 18th to the windy city I reside in now. This was a decision I was a bit nervous about...but I am so so so happy I made it. Moving to Chicago was the best decision I made in 2009. 
September: I started working at Mental Health and Deafness, where I am a 1:1 aide to a Deaf adolescent with mental illness. This job is absolutely amazing and I continue to learn something new each and every day. This job is great experience for me, but what I am most happy about is that I am helping and advocating for others.
October: What a busy month this was! At the beginning of the month, I traveled to DC to have a fun-filled weekend with my girls. It was a marvelous reunion. It’s the best feeling in the world to realize these are the friends I will have for the rest of my life. :) In the middle of the month, I was able to see my family, as I traveled over to Indiana to attend a Notre Dame football game with them and our family friends. And at the end of the month, I celebrated Halloween as Flo (from Progressive Insurance) :)
November: I spent my first Thanksgiving away from my family. Luckily, I headed over to New York to spend it with Nick and his family. Mrs. Crane is a mean cook; I think I was stuffed the entire weekend. It was a great time, and I look forward to many more holidays with my handsome boyfriend.
December: Probably my favorite month of 2009. I was lucky enough to have 3 weeks off from work and school to travel to North Carolina and New York. My time in North Carolina was perfect. This was the first Christmas in a long time where we could spend more than two days together as a family. It was marvelous...just the 5 of us. :) I was also able to catch up with a lot of friends and even made it over to Wilmington to see the Schultz’s and my college friends! :)
New York was probably the best New Year’s trip since I started going 3 years ago. This is Nick’s favorite time of the year in NY...and he is always more than willing to host the party of the year! We had a great time with our friends from Wilmington and those crazy Long Island boys. The tradition is a must in the future; we might even venture out of NYC next year.

Recapping this past year made me realize how amazing my life is. I have the best family, friends, and boyfriend who support me through my every step of life. I am looking forward to 2010. :)

No comments: