Having Lori here was great! Unfortunately, we did not take a roadtrip out to Iowa to see Steph because of the weather/roads...but we had a great weekend here in Chicago. On Saturday, we went to the Museum of Science and Industry. One of the exhibits was a scaled replica of the White House...how appropriate!? Lori felt right at home. :) We were there for almost three hours and it just wasn't enough time to cover all the great exhibits that museum has to offer. I will definitely be heading back there before I leave. That night, we (Auntie, John, Lori, and I) went out to meet up with the Bertrand's for Neil's 50th birthday. It was a great time with lots of yummy foods, laughter, and fun! Sunday, Auntie and John were nice enough to let us go to the symphony in their place. The performance was a soloed pianist. Lori and I were so moved, we played the piano back at the house for a few hours the next day. :) After the symphony...we headed to one of my favorite sushi places for dinner, took a lovely (and cold) walk around Millennium Park, and finished the night off with a few hours of girl talk at Caribou. Ahhh, what a great day. On Monday, Lori headed home. But, before she left we were able to have a delicious lunch with Alicia, Cesar, and Auntie.
I love Lori Walkertown and I am so thankful for our friendship. It was a great weekend with her (even if it was -10 the whole time) haha.
Looks like we ate too much red velvet cake! :)
I don't want her to leave!!
No comments:
Post a Comment